"A direct continuation of Vicious, Schwab leads the reader on a fast-paced, violent adventure that follows three separate storylines that eventually all come together. Like the threads of a spiderweb, everyone's tangled up and as Mitch says, "There's no good guys in this game." Great series overall."
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Pros: Schwab has made the entire cast of characters both likable and terribly flawed/Victor really is one of the most morally gray characters I've come across. I love him/Great ending.
Cons: I had trouble with the time jumps but knew in the end they'd come together; I was just frustrated in getting there/The part with Dr. Haverty seemed rushed and terribly convenient.
Full Review: ***Disclaimer - If you've not read Vicious (Villians #1) by Schwab, please do so and then come back and read this at your leisure. That way you'll know what I'm talking about.***
Picking up right where Vicious left off, well, I feel like I can't really give a real review because that would give everything away. But suffice it to say the cast of characters from the first book aren't the only EOs out there; Eli and Victor's hypothesis is true and happening more often than they thought.
It's a tangled web of a story that eventually unwinds but then of course, frays and offers more threads to be tied up in the third book, Victorious (Villains #3). I think this book was definitely better on a second read-through, so the time jumps weren't so jarring. This time, I thought the ending, though terribly convenient, was great and, again, cements the fact that there are no good players in this game.
Comments
Post a Comment