Skip to main content

Prototype (Archetype #2) by M. D. Waters

​“We're now at the Resistance part of Emma's journey, where she is back with the troops and painfully aware of the presence of her former husband, the literal man of her dreams, Noah. It's all lip-biting, doe-eyed stares and vague mention of some dystopian future. It tried but just didn't do it for me as a series.”

⭐️

Pros: Emma begins to understand that she’s a person and she deserves to be happy. 

Cons: I do despise love triangles/Emmas constant fixation on how muscular and attractive every man was/I had to chuckle at the “cure” for Emmas “illness.". It was all rather quick and convenient. 

Full Review: ***Disclaimer - If you have not read Archetype by M.D. Waters, please do so and then feel free to read this post at your leisure. That way, you'll know what I'm talking about 🙌.***

Clone Emma left everything behind at the end of Archetype, to try and find her parents. She learns their ex resistance and is following a lead in Mexico when Declan Burke, the head of Burke Industries and Emma's ex-husband/Captor, makes a public statement. He's offering a hefty reward for the safe return of his beloved Wife Emma. All of a sudden, Emma's a wanted woman and she has nowhere safe to go. 

So she returns to the only place that she knows she'll be safe but she also knows it's the place she's most unwelcome. She goes back to the Resistance, only to find that Noah, her once husband, is now involved with Sonya, the doctor and together they're raising Noah and Emma's baby girl, Adrienne. 

Emma's return is unexpected. Some people are shocked but overjoyed, like Miles and Noah of course, but he can't admit it. And others are sketpical if not openly hostile. Once Emma explains her reason for returning, Noah offers whatever help he can in her search. She starts being more involved with the Resistance and of course, the novel devolves into action, intrigue, and all the lip-biting tension expected. 

I kept reading because I was curious as to how they were going to end it but it just kept getting more and more cliche. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it just didn't do it for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury

"Obviously targeted to writers but honestly, anyone could benefit from Bradbury's practical yet poetic advice, this was a collection of esasys by Bradbury about his writing process and reflections on some of his greatest works."   ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Pros: Bradbury, duh, though I'm biased, to me, the man's prose is pure poetry, every word beautiful/Since writing is not my career, it was an interesting way to view Bradbury's life. Writing was his job and he was the only income. If he did not produce material, he would not get paid. It help put things into perspective.  Cons: The man can go on for a bit 😂/Bradbury's insane work ethic and endless endurance to just produce story after story seems insane and overwhelming but then again, this was his livelihood, so I'm sure it was insane and overwhelming. If he didn't write and get paid, they'd starve, so, it was a life or death situation. Full Review:  This was essentially a collection of essays written by Bra...

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick

“Rick Deckard is a Bounty Hunter who's on the trail of six "Andys" (Androids) who have come to Earth illegally. His job is to track them down and "retire" them. Something he found easy to do until he met her, Rachael Rosen. The Android that does the impossible, passes the "Voight-Kampff" test. The story quickly devolves into a slow, drawn out and frankly boring mystery that was putting me to sleep by the end."    ⭐⭐ Pros: I was more interested in comparing it to the film, "Bladerunner."/At first I kind of liked the drab, dreary atmostphere but it soon became soporific.  Cons: I had no real idea what was going on with Mercerism/The end there had me blinking in bewilderment, like with Herbert's 29th Dune Book/There was a lot of idle chit-chat while they were in murderous/intense situations, it just seemed odd.  Full Review:  Rick Deckard, a Bounty Hunter, contracted with the San Francisco Police Department hunts down and retires rogue ...

Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King

​“The tale of Andy Dufresne and how he served his time at Shawshank prison, as told through the eyes of his friend and fellow inmate, Red. Dark and disturbing but also compulsively readbale. I finished it in 2 days. Also enjoyable is Frank Darabont's 1994 film adaptation, "The Shawshank Redemption." ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Pros : Red has a soothing, drawl, making the reading easy and flowing/Since I saw the film first, I couldn't help but compare the book though I was pleased to find that the two were very similar.  Cons : Things got a bit rambling a bit at the beginning/Since I saw the film first I couldn't help but compare the book but this ended up not being a con.  Full Review: The state of Maine has a prison. Shawshank Redemption. And Red is the guy that can get you things. He also happens to be the only guilty man in Shawshank but that's netiher here nor there. He meets Andy Dufresne for business purposes at first and he finds him to be a calm, cool man and Red likes him i...